This Department Comprises Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, Psychology and Economics. It takes care of foundation courses in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It also imparts training in communication skills, soft skills, personality development and group discussions. Each subject under this Department has its own lab setup and uses its own lab manual for the students.
The Department, which has been an integral part of the College ever since its inception offering instruction in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry to students of the various core branches of engineering, is devoted to foster the understanding of basic scientific principles . The academic programs of this department are designed to meet the requirements of the fast growing technology.
The Department offers several educational programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The overriding objectives of these programs are,
- To inform and motivate students to study the fundamental aspects of science and its applications
- To teach Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for U.G. and P.G. programmes
- To enable the students to analyse and apply mathematical and scientific techniques in engineering technology
- To encourage students to pursue careers in science and engineering
The Department of Basic Sciences comprises sixteen full time faculty members, of whom twelve are in Mathematics, two in Physics and two in Chemistry. Four of our faculty hold doctoral degrees. While continuing service to other departments, the faculty of the department also make efforts for continuous self-improvement and development as a research department in the field of science and technology.
The Department of Basic Science has a special mission to foster collaborative, interdisciplinary research in different areas of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics that will address the future needs of the society. The Department promotes collaboration among the faculty as well as between Amal Jyothi faculty and researchers of other institutions, industry and government laboratories. The research activities of the department focus on the following areas:
To become a leading technical institute of academic excellence by imparting high pattern of discipline through innovative programmes of global standards making our students technically superior and ethically strong to serve the Nation
- To provide the quality education and to prepare nationally competitive undergraduate students for a successful career in Civil Engineering.
- Develop the habit of continuous learning, team work and full fill the societal needs.
- To provide quality education and to encourage engineering students to strengthen their knowledge in the applied fields.
- To provide strong foundation in Basic Sciences and Communication Skills for the students to get selected in on/off campus interviews.
- Contribute to the all-round development of the students by providing them extensive counseling & guidance in terms of education and career oriented problems.
- The department of Science and Humanities caters for the requirements of the beginners of B.Tech with proper guidance and motivation from the first day of their joining the College.
- Possess maximum number of faculty holding PhDs.
- Vibrant Academic Environment.
- Well-experienced, dedicated and strongly motivated Faculty.
- Application oriented teaching and development of soft-skills.
- Interaction with each student through counseling.
- The faculty of the department is pursuing their goals in Research and Development by participating in various seminars and conferences and presenting papers in them.
- Every year extensive papers are also being published by the faculty members in national and international journals of repute.
- Teaching and Research skills are honed by the faculty, which is evident by their participation in Workshops and training programs.
Our Future Goals
- To publish maximum number of papers in reputed international journals.
- To continuously strengthen the technical knowledge and skills of the student and the faculty by organizing Conferences/faculty development programmes /workshops etc.
- To develop curriculum with more practical content to cater the needs of the modern education.