At the end of the four year programme, the graduates will be able to
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Analyze electrical and electronic circuits and systems.
- Model, design and evaluate the performance and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Comprehend the structure of power systems, both conventional and renewable and analyze their operation, control, protection and utilization.
- Formulate power electronic controllers for industrial drives.
- Apply the programming knowledge of commonly used programming languages, Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and for control applications.
- Use software tools for the design, simulation and analysis of electrical and electronics engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments on circuits, control components and evaluate their performance.
- Understand energy and environmental issues and incorporate suitable measures for their conservation in the design of systems.
- Communicate effectively in order to enhance their opportunities for building a successful career.
- Carry on with lifelong learning and research in thrust areas concerning electrical and electronics and allied fields and manage financial resources with a promise of becoming a leader in the chosen field.
- Function effectively in team work and understand professional ethics and social responsibilities.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To provide students with a strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering, necessary to understand and solve engineering problems. Prepare the students for a successful career in industries and also for higher studies.
- To enable the students to acquire the ability to analyze, design and build electrical and electronic systems, needed in power electronic drives, variety of controllers, Power generation, transmission and distribution systems.
- To impart students with a sound knowledge of software tools and skills for taking up research in upcoming areas in the field of electrical and electronics engineering, leading to publications, patents, and for embarking on entrepreneurial ventures with an aptitude for lifelong learning.
- To impart communication skills, to inculcate values and professional ethics, leadership qualities and team spirit for an overall personality development, to instill confidence in managing financial resources, to create environmental awareness and a passion for using the knowledge acquired, for addressing the societal concerns.