SPECIALIZATIONS WE OFFER
M.C.A. or Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. Computer Application is a use of the computer to solve a specific problem or to accomplish a particular job for an end user. For example, common business computer applications include sales order processing, inventory control, and payroll. It is popularly known as M.C.A. which is an abbreviated form of Master Computer Applications. The duration of Master of Computer Applications is three years, divided into a number of semesters which are generally six in number. Generally, the 1st year course is aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies, the 2nd year is more focused providing a conceptual framework and the 3rd year provides the specialization and the project work. Master of Computer Applications is a computer science degree whose curriculum is primarily based on the development of application software in diverse areas.
Some of M.C.A. Specializations
- Application Software
- Hardware Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Software Development
- Systems Management
- Systems Development
- Systems Engineering
- Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) is eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation. B.C.A. qualified candidates can also pursue M.C.A.
Syllabus of M.C.A. as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science|
|2||Accounting and Financial Management|
|4||Computer and ‘C’ Programming|
|5||Paradigms of Programming|
|6||UNIX & Shell Programming|
|9||Unix /Linux & Shell Programming Lab|
|1||Organizational Structure and Personnel Management|
|2||Data and File Structure Using ‘C’|
|3||Object Oriented Systems in C++|
|4||Computer Based Numerical & Statistical Techniques|
|5||Combinatory & Graph Theory|
|6||Computer Architecture & Microprocessor|
|7||Data Structure Lab|
|2||Design & Analysis of Algorithm|
|4||Data Base Management System|
|5||Internet & JAVA Programming|
|2||Modelling and Simulation|
|4||Elective I (any one of the following)|
|5||Foundation of e-Commerce|
|6||Computer Graphics & Animation|
|7||Software Engineering Lab|
|8||Computer Graphics Lab|
|9||Visual Basic Lab|
|2||Elective II (any one of the following)|
|3||Net FrameWork & C|
|5||Elective III (any one of the following)|
|6||Management Information System|
|7||WEB Technology Lab|
|8||Net FrameWork & C-Lab|
M.C.A. Course Suitability
- M.C.A. is perfectly suited for B.C.A. graduates as they already have a foundation favorable for pursuing this degree. MCA is a course exclusively designed to meet the IT requirements of IT Trained Students for various organizations.
- Those who want to have advanced education in planning, designing and building of complex commercial application software and system software should pursue this degree.
- MCA is also meant for those graduates who want a productive career in the software industry or academia.
How is M.C.A. Course Beneficial?
- Master of Computer Applications provides a complete professional grooming which is essential for a successful career in the IT Industry.
- An M.C.A. graduate can work for any IT company big or small as a system developer and various other roles.
- They can become teacher and lecturer as per their educational qualification both on a private basis and after passing some certain degrees (B.Ed. & UGC-NET) they can go for permanent jobs.
M.C.A. Employment Areas
- Database Management Companies
- Schools and Colleges
- Security and Surveillance Companies
- Design Support and Data
- Communications Companies
- Government Agencies
- Networking Companies
- Software Development Companies
- Stock Exchanges
M.C.A. Job Types
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Software Engineer or Programmer
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Software Developer
- Computer Presentation Specialist
- Software Publisher
- Commercial & Industrial Designer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Scientist
- Junior Programmer
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- Project Leader
- Systems Administrator