The Department of Mechanical Engineering in SVPEC was established in the year 2011 and is offering Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering with an intake of 60 students. The intake has been enhanced to 120 students from the academic year 2013-14 with the approval of AICTE, New Delhi.
Mechanical Engineering is the mother of all branches. The contribution of this branch is enormous in the growth of technology over the centuries. The scope of B.Tech courses varies from Material Research to Machinery Development, Nanotechnology, Smart Materials, Aerospace Technology, Missiles Technology, CAD/CAM, FMS, CIM, Automation and such other interrelated developments.
Keeping itself up to date with the latest developments and trends in the field and with dedicated faculty of highly qualified and experienced members in all streams of Mechanical Engineering, the department consistently strives to provide world class facilities for education and research. The Department has faculty strength of 02 Professors, 02 Associate Professors and 18 Assistant Professors to mould the students into leaders in their progression.
The Department has excellent infrastructure and well equipped laboratories to cater the needs of the students as per the curriculum designed by the Affiliating University. All the laboratories are equipped and established to meet the requirements of AICTE norms. Department is providing qualitative learning environment to nurture the students as knowledgeable professionals. The department is also engaged in conducting the activities related to Entrepreneurship Development.
The Department has started “Mechanical Engineering Technical Association (META)” in the year 2014. META has been conducting seminars, guest lectures, workshops, symposia etc for multifaceted development of students. Department is striving hard to realize its objectives and goals in line with the Vision and Mission of the Institute.
To be a centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering where the best of teaching, learning and research synergize.
- Prepare intellectually sharp and ethically responsible graduate engineers for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Conduct basic and applied research, provide consultancy services and cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Develop the habit of continuous learning, team work and fulfill the societal needs.
- Developing the skills of the students to meet the global competition.
- Imparting practical skills.
- Offering training facilities to students in specialized areas.
- To integrate academic programs, extra curricular activities, co-curricular activities and soft skills to promote intellectual growth among students.
- Foster enterprising spirit amoung students.
- Well equipped laboratories enriched with the latest hardware and software.
- Motivated, Committed and Enthusiastic faculty members.
- Active Support from the Management for smooth functioning of the department.
- Large number of the students are from the rural areas.
- Many of our students have joined prestigious institutions for pursuing the higher studies.
- Many of our students have been placed in various hardware and software companies.
- The department consists of 2 doctorates and nearly 12 faculty members are with more than 8 years of experience.
Our Future Goals
- To Achieve 100% results in the university examinations.
- To Conduct National and International Seminars, Conferences in emerging areas.
- To establish MOUs for exchanging technical knowledge in the emerging fields with various Companies.
- To Strengthen Consultancy, R&D and Continuing education services.